Woodform Design Ltd, formerly Formwood Design Associates, was incorporated in 1983. The group is now a manufacturing operation based in Henderson, Auckland, NZ. It is a corporate trust set up to control our technology and it's continuous development.
We work with partners and have capital investments in equipment used to perfect their products.
Development over the years has meant that 60% of our sales are now exported.
The company has the following main areas of focus:
Sustainable Resource Management
- To supply expertise for it's bending processes to manufacturing partners looking for market niches.
- To manufacture curved MDF and solid timber components for commercial markets.
- To continue research and the development into woodbending systems. This invloves
- R&D to perfect wood bending technology and equipment.
- Research into new product potential and the selection of compatible partners to work in those fields.
- Services that can be provided to complement the use of bent wood products.
Pine, a softwood, was initially a poor bending alternative. But because it is a sustainable resource, Woodform has used it as the predominant timber for our furniture and architectural products - making us experts in the bending of pine.
Recent developments in Technology|
Developments that have affected our processes:
- The temporary plasticisation of MDF, sufficient for it to be bent, shaped or impressed before rehardening. This technological breakthrough opens up huge markets for MDF, allowing it to compete for the first time in international markets traditionally only supplied by substitute products such as plastics, veneers or other more expensive or limiting materials.
- Further development using NZ pine, Woodform's major goal, means solid wood components can be bent at up to 300 units per hour.
Recent Product Development
Using technological skills we apply to ceiling and wall panel products and with experience as a supplier of components to manufacturers, Wooform has developed the following new products:
- The BUBBLE & DOUBLE range of products. These offer a very unique design, which used as selected can highlight architectural and furniture concepts. This product range has recently had the addition of an acoustic panel and furniture piece, the Bubble Platter.
- The ARC CHAISE - a sculptured exterior lounger, which given the right setting will enhance all interior and exterior landscape designs.